The Creative Curriculum of Our Daycare
The Creative Curriculum
At Smart Start Academy, our lessons are tailored to fit the different developmental needs and ages of the children in our programs as our students range from infants to preschoolers. Since we feel it’s important for children to have opportunities to learn in different ways, our experienced and qualified teachers engage students with a variety of structured and free-play activities.
At Smart Start Academy our curriculum of choice is the Creative Curriculum. The Creative Curriculum is an early childhood curriculum that focuses on project-based investigations as a means for children to apply skills. This curriculum addresses four areas of development: social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language.
Create thematic units designed to support children’s natural curiosity and stimulate their creativity. Our teachers offer their students the opportunity to work in-depth, giving them the time they need to reflect, consolidate and transfer their learning.
The Creative Curriculum for Preschool is based on five fundamental principles. These principles include:
- Positive interactions and relationships with adults provide a critical foundation for successful learning.
- Social and emotional competence is a significant factor in school success.
- Constructive, purposeful play supports essential learning.
- The physical environment affects the type and quality of learning interactions.
- Teacher–family partnerships promote development and learning.
Parents can click here to learn more about the Creative Curriculum for Preschool.