Hoboken Daycare and More at Smart Start Academy
At Smart Start Academy in Hoboken, you will discover a range of programs for children that are designed to foster a safe, fun, and active environment. We are here to help your kids learn, be active, and discover new ways to express themselves creatively, intelligently, emotionally, and socially.
Here, we understand that every child is different. Everyone has different interests and needs, and everyone responds differently to different activities. This is foremost in our teachers’ minds when we interact with our students so we can help them all reach their potential.
We offer a wide range of programs to meet your family’s needs. From our infant program to preschool and backup care programs, you can find the solution you need here in Hoboken.
- Infant program – Daycare for children ages 6 weeks to 18 months. The care and activities provided at this age are designed to encourage learning and development.
- Toddler program – We feel that toddlers learn best through discovery and experiencing things for themselves. Our teachers design their lesson to meet a toddler’s specific needs.
- Preschool program – Our Hoboken preschool program is for children between 2 and 3 years old and is filled with great opportunities to explore new ideas and activities.
- Pre-kindergarten program – For children ages 4 to 5, this is a great way to start diving into new concepts, like math and science, and still develop their physical and fine motor skills.
- Daycare afterschool programs – Your children don’t have to come home to an empty house. They can engage in our programs from 2 to 6 p.m. after school is over.
- Backup care program – When your regular child care arrangements have fallen through – for whatever reason – we’re there to back you up.
Get the Best Daycare in Hoboken
The academic year at our Hoboken location runs from September through June. We are committed to connecting children with the best teachers, in the best learning environment, so they can reach their potential at any age.
Our Hoboken preschool and daycare programs are just the start. You’ll find a range of additional programs here, including:
- Extended nursery hours for infants as young as 6 weeks old
- Full and half-day preschool options
- After-school programs for children 19 months and older
- Emergency services
- Social enrichment programs
(Be sure to check out all the details on how to sign up for these additional programs.)
We strive to hire the most professional and experienced teachers for our Hoboken preschools and other academic programs. These are caring, dedicated individuals who have met (and exceeded) the necessary qualifications and passed a background check and health screening.
Our teachers understand how to use different teaching methods to engage different children, whether that’s learning through play and exploration or using music and verbal communication.
Our Curriculum and Philosophy
At our Hoboken preschool, we use the Creative Curriculum to help our students reach their potential. This is an early childhood curriculum that uses projects to encourage their natural curiosity and help children apply their newly learned skills.
This allows each child to develop their social/emotional, physical, cognitive, and language skills in a way that sticks with them. We also make sure they have the time they need to consolidate the information and reflect on everything they’re learning.
Of course, “all work and no play” is not going to be the most engaging situation for most children. This is why our emergent teaching philosophy revolves around providing meaningful experiences for every student, which includes play and exploration.
Discover the Best Preschools and Daycare in Hoboken
Now is the perfect time to enroll your child in our Hoboken preschool or take advantage of our daycare services and after-school programs.
Ready to learn more?